December - Why College?
Please find below materials that can be used in your school district to complement GEAR UP's outreach strategies for the month of December - Why College? Month.
- Ada December Parent Postcard
- Claremore December Parent Postcard
- Clinton December Parent Postcard
- Duncan December Parent Postcard
- Durant December Parent Postcard
- Jay December Parent Postcard
- Locust Grove December Parent Postcard
- Skiatook December Parent Postcard
- Tahlequah December Parent Postcard
- Woodward December Parent Postcard
- Why college? There are a number of reasons college is right for you, but we want you to find that out for yourself. Check out this online resource and get college advice for scholarships, applications, admissions and much more.
- Parents, we know you have questions about sending your child to college. Here’s your resource for the answers you need to get them there.
- What’s your plan for college? If you don’t have one, you’re not alone. Receive tons of helpful information for making a foolproof plan that’ll get you into college. Get started today.
- Your child has questions about college, and you can give them answers. From admissions to making a class schedule, everything you need to know about getting them to college is here.
- Why college? Studies show that college graduates earn significantly more money throughout their lifetime than those with only high school education.
- Why college? Families of college graduates are generally better off economically and socially. But it is also more likely that the next generation of children will attend college. So you can look at it as an investment in the future of your family.
- Why college? Earning a college degree is the most common pathway to a better career. Entering college, not everyone knows what they want to do when they grow up. But most know they want to have a better job-not only one that will pay more, but one in which they are more satisfied and secure.
- Why college? As a college graduate, it is also more likely that you will enjoy your job. All the factors listed above-higher income, employment benefits and advancement opportunities-lead to better job satisfaction. But a college degree also gives you more freedom to pursue a career that interests you, maybe even inspires you.
- Why college? Attending college is a major commitment of time and money, but it is also a down payment on success. Earning your college degree will help you realize your goals in your career as well as life in general. It requires a lot of hard work, but that work prepares you for a challenging and rewarding career and a more fruitful life.
- Median Annual Earnings by Educational Attainment
- Unemployment Rate by Educational Attainment
- Share of Millenials Living in Poverty by Educational Attainment
- Go to College and Make More Money
- Preparing for College Poster
- Make a Plan Poster