Oklahoma's Promise offers qualified Oklahoma students an opportunity to earn a scholarship for college tuition.
- Must be Oklahoma resident.
- Must be enrolled in 8th, 9th, 10th or 11th grade.
- Must have household income of $60K or less in application year.
What You Need to Know
Make a Promise to Your Future
The Oklahoma legislature promises to pay in-state tuition at a public college or a portion of tuition at a private institution or public technology center for students who meet conduct and income requirements. Read about GEAR UP students who have been through the program.
Make a Promise
- Create an account in about 5 minutes
- Complete the application in an additional 5 minutes. You’ll need your student’s SSN, Student ID and email address
- Print completed application
Show Your Promise
- Sign, date and selfie with your student’s application
- Share on social and tag #OKGEARUP or #ShowYourPromise
- Mail, fax or upload the application to Oklahoma’s Promise account
Keep Your Promise
- Work with your student’s GEAR UP coach to meet standards
- Take 17 credits of college preparatory courses | View curriculum worksheet
- Maintain 2.5 GPA and code of conduct | View all requirements